Asbabsehat A low-fat diet aims to improve the body’s blood fat levels. The main focus of a low fat diet is to reduce the level of fat in the blood which is usually indicate by the condition of dyslipidemia.
Dyslipidemia is abnormal blood fat levels as indicated by high levels bad nutritional cholesterol, cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides in the blood and low levels cholesterol and HDL.
Read Also :
- Weight Watchers Diet, Is It Effective To Lose Weight?
- You Need to Know About the Flexitarian Diet
- The Mayo Diet is Effective for Weight Loss, But Is It Healthy?
- Everything You Need to Know About the Vegan Diet
- What Is Paleo Diet?
It can be concluded that some people who need to run a low-fat diet:
- Patients with dyslipidemia
A low-fat diet can be applied to support the body’s blood fat levels to return to normal soon
- Patients with dyslipidemia
For example, patients with heart disease should apply a low-fat diet to speed healing.
- People at risk for dyslipidemia
It can arise if there are risk factors such as heredity, wrong diet or an ineffective and healthy lifestyle.
WHAT DOES THIS DIET MEAN?
- Lower cholesterol levels.
- Lose weight if you are too fat.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN THIS DIET WITH REGULAR FOOD?
- Use slightly limited fat.
- Most of the fat use is unsaturated.
- The use of foods that contain a lot of cholesterol is limited.
- If too fat, the number of calories is limited.
WHAT FOODS CONTAIN SATURATED FAT?
Animal fat: beef, pork, goat fat, whole milk, cream, cheese, butter.
Coconut, coconut oil/barco, margarine, cacao, avocado.
WHAT FOODS CONTAIN UNsaturated Fats?
Plant-derived oils: peanut oil, sunflower seed oil, cottonseed oil, corn oil, soybean oil.
WHAT FOODS CONTAIN A LOT OF CHOLESTEROL ?
Animal-derived foodstuffs: brain, egg yolk, kidney, liver, spleen, heart, meat, types of shellfish (shrimp, crab, etc.), lard, whole milk and dairy products (butter, cheese, etc.).
HOW TO MANAGE THIS DIET?
- Avoid the use of coconut, coconut oil, barco, animal fats, margarine and butter. Instead use peanut oil, sunflower seed oil or corn oil in the amount that has been discontinue.
- Limit the use of meat to 3 times a week, at most 100 grams each time, eat fish or chicken often as a substitute. Avoid using liver, spleen, brain, kidney, heart, mutton, pork, ham, sausage, types of shellfish, whole milk and the result.
- Use skim milk instead of whole milk.
- Limit the use of egg yolks to 3 eggs a week.
- Use often nuts, tempeh, tofu and other legumes.
- Also limit the use of sugary foods and drinks such as syrup, coca col, lemonade, confectionery, lunkhead, chocolate, tarcis, compote, ice cream, etc., to prevent weight gain.
- Eat lots of vegetables and fruits.
HOW SHOULD YOU COOK?
When cooking meat, choose lean meat. Get out the fatty parts. Who says beef is high in fat? Few people know that beef actually has almost the same fat as fish, which is only 5 grams of fat per 35 grams of meat. But keep in mind that the beef you eat is free of fatty or fat parts. Beef that is included in low-fat protein foods is the sirloin portion of meat
Good cooking methods are boiling, steaming, steaming, sautéing, grilling or grilling. Avoid frying as much as possible.
Some of the vegetables should be eat raw or as a side dish.
Is It True That a Low-Fat Diet Can Cause Premature Death?
Fat has been widely cited as the cause of various dangerous diseases. It is not surprising that a low-fat diet is considere the most appropriate diet to reduce weight or reduce the risk of dangerous diseases. However, a low-fat diet was found to increase the risk of premature death according to a study.
Why does a low-fat diet increase the risk of premature death?
If you’re trying to avoid high-fat foods to protect your health, the results of this study may be worth considering. According to a study conduct by the Population Health Research Institute (PHRI) of McMaster University and Hamilton Health Sciences in Hamilton, Canada, a low-fat diet may increase the risk of premature death.
The study involved 135,000 people in 18 countries and five continents. Those who ate enough fat ate a balance diet of fruits and vegetables and avoided foods high in carbohydrates had different outcomes and were associate with a lower risk of death.
This study lasted for 7.5 years by monitoring the daily eating habits of the study participants. The study also showed that study participants who got 60% of their calories from carbohydrates had an increased risk of death by up to 28%.
A low-fat diet causes a person to eat high-carbohydrate foods
Mahshid Dehghan, the lead researcher on the study, said that reducing low-fat intake could lead to increase carbohydrate consumption. A person who consumes less fat but consumes a lot of carbohydrates has a higher mortality rate.
This research focuses on dietary changes made by people on low-fat diets. According to Mahshid Dehghan, this popular low-fat diet guideline reduces total fat intake to below 30% of daily caloric intake and saturated fat intake to below 10% of caloric intake. However, those on a low-fat diet did not take into account how to replace fat intake in the diet.
Why are low-fat diets in high demand? The reason, this type of diet is believe to reduce the risk of heart disease and other dangerous diseases. However, one thing you need to remember is that your body also needs fat to function properly.
How much fat do you need per day?
Experts recommend that most adults get 20%-35% of their daily calories from fat. This means the same as 44 grams to 77 grams of fat consumption per day if you need 2,000 calories per day.
Don’t forget to read the nutritional information on food packaging. The nutrition label shows the number of grams of fat per serving and calories per serving. If you want to go on a low-fat diet to help control fat, cholesterol, carbohydrates, and calories. Make sure you get all the nutrients you need.
Fruits and vegetables are foods that have low calories and must be on your diet list. Make sure you keep getting a daily intake of vitamins that come from fruits and vegetables. Low-fat diet efforts will work optimally if you balance it with regular exercise.